Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A blackberry situation and a.....

wet toilet seat.

These were the most exciting events I have experienced today. Other than the tickling wars......lunch at the beach......and a visit from some friends down south, that is.
The LEAP we took into parenthood has thrown us a few more loops. Nothing unbearable of course. It has afforded us quite a few more laughs around the McKenzie home! My little 3 year old man LOVES to put things in his pockets. Usually when I am doing laundry he comes into the room with me and helps me transfer clothing from the washer to the dryer. We have a coin jar on the laundry room shelf that holds any leftover moneys we find in pockets. The rule in our house is, if it gets left in the pockets, it's considered the "tip" for the laundry queen. (of course that would be me) So, 3 year old man has learned about this jar and each time we transfer clothes he asks, "Money please?" for him to put in his pocket. Naturally, this morning when he came running up to me to show me what he had in his pocket, I was expecting a dime.....maybe a quarter......possibly even a nickel. Much to my surprise, Uncle Bo was letting him eat some blackberries for a snack and what is the best place for a 3 yr old to put blackberries?! IN HIS POCKET of course!! I am just most thankful he wasn't wearing khakis. Thank goodness for dark wash jeans. :)

Now the wet toilet seat.....no need for much of an explanation there. It is what you think it is. And it's not pretty. Especially when one doesn't realize it is wet before using it. For my potty trained 3 yr old man, toilet cleaning (and wall and side of the cabinet and floor and....) has become a daily occurrence. Right now, I just smile and it warms my heart even more to have them in our home. My hope is that my smile never fades due to taking advantage of the adventure they bring into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment